Defining the fruit of the spirit.
Fruit of the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:
against such there is no law.
1. Love activates by doing
2. Joy encourages with effervescence
3. Peace guards by quieting
4. Longsuffering (patience) forbears and endures by doing
5. Gentleness wins by encouraging
6. Goodness guards by ministering
7. Faith (believing) appropriates
8. Meekness encourages positive results
9. Temperance (self control) guards results
As fruit, these nine are the results of the operation of the manifestations of the spirit. Without the manifestations you have no fruit. Fruit must be recognized as effects in the individual manifesting which benefit those to whom the one is ministering.